Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Assignment # 2 comparing movies

The two movies we watched are very different in many ways. The older version of the movie has much more of a lighter happier feel to the movie. While the new version of the movie is somewhat dark and scary. The older movie is also very musical and could be considered a classic movie that everyone loves. On the other hand the new movie isn't as memorable as the older movie.  The directors of the movies both had two different perceptions of how they wanted people to see their movies. One being loving and warm and the other being dark and strange. The new movie also follows a different story line. They get way more in depth of Willy Wonkas background life and how he got to be where he is now, while in the older movie they don't really say much about his life besides the fact he owns the chocolate factory. 

 

I personally feel that the older version of this movie is way better. I think the new version goes a little to over the top. The older version is too modernized and I like the classic version much better. I also liked the music parts of the older version a lot more. It also reminds me of my childhood. Another reason I don't like the new version as much is because of its darkness and strange humor. Although I love the director of this movie I have to say trying to remake a classic movie like this is difficult and I didn't care for it

No comments:

Post a Comment