Monday, January 11, 2010

Assignment # 3 Karate Kid (8 out of 10)

The karate kid is a very inspirational movie in many ways. The movie starts out with a young boy named Daniel. Daniel and his mother have to pack up their things and move from New Jersey all the way to California. Daniel isn't very happy about this but he goes along with it to help his mother out. Not only does Daniel respect his mom my moving to California but it shows the good qualities that are in him as well.  The challenges that come with the move don’t stop and that's when Daniel realizes he needs to learn karate to help him keep himself safe. Daniel and Mr. Miaggis bond grow much stronger and they end up being very good friends. I feel like this wouldn't have been such a good movie if this bond and friendship didn't happen.  I think it was smart of the director to add this kid and adult friendship to the movie because its rare and you don’t see bonds like these very often. This movie teaches you many lessons. One being never gives up on what you want to achieve. I also love that this movie shows that everyone has problems. Even Mr. Miaggi has to deal with the problems he has with his wife dieing and it shows that bad things happen to everyone and being positive and moving on is the best way to get passed the hard times in life.

 

I would recommend this movie to an audience of all ages. I can be watched with the family or with a couple of friends. It suits every ones liking. This movie also shows how valuable friendship should be to everyone. Without the dedication Mr. Miaggi showed to Daniel here would have been no way Daniel could have achieved the goals he wanted to achieve.  This movie also has a love story in it, which makes it appealing to young girls as well. Overall I would suggest this movie to anyone. It’s a classic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment